The Yangon University of Foreign Languages (here in after YUFL) Library supports the resources for the needs of the students, faculty, staff and researchers of the university community. The library is an academic library and teaching languages are mainly collected in library by YUFL. Library was firstly established at the Ground Floor of Main Building in the Institution of Foreign Languages campus on 26th September 1984. Library was started by the collection of (20000) printed books which are Chinese Language, Japanese Language, Myanmar languages, English language, French language, German Language and Russian Language. In November 2000, library was transferred to new Building and located on 2nd Floor of Library and Resource Center (LRC) in YUFL Campus till now. The total area of library is (6135) square feet and 92 people can read in Library’s main Reading Room and 20 people can read in Reference Room. At the present over (75663) printed books and approximately (3219) Non-book materials have been collected which consist of Chinese Language, Hindi language, Japanese Language, Korean language, Myanmar languages, Thai language, English language, French language, German Language ,Italian language ,Spanish language , Russian Language and some humanity subject. Users can search OPAC catalogue to find out books. Dictionaries, encyclopedia and dissertation of languages can be studied in Reference Room and (20) people are allowed there. YUFL Library is a member of the Myanmar Academic Libraries Consortium that has been entered in 2018.
Window on Korea (WOK) Reading Room was supported by National Library of Korea that was opened at LRC-303 in September 2016. Literature and culture of Korea can be studied in WOK Reading Room and 20 people can read there. Over (2676) printed books and (872) Non –books have been collected in WOK Reading Room.
Closed: Public Holidays and Gazetted Holidays
During School Term
Monday – Friday : 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
During School Vacation
Monday – Friday : 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Students of YUFL
Staff of YUFL
Retired Staff of YUFL
Outsiders who must get the permission of Rector.
|No.||Status||Number of books||Maximum Loan Period|
|2||Master and Ph.D Students||4||2weeks|
|5||Alumni / Outsiders||2||1weeks|
|6||Retired Staffs of YUFL||2||1weeks|
General Reading Room
Window on Korea Reading Room
- Circulation service
- New Arrivals
- Previous Question Papers of examination
- Research Papers of YUFL
- Audiovisual Materials
- Electronic Resources
- Internet service
- Wi-Fi Free Service
Open Access ; https://meral.edu.mm
Universities’ Central Library Union Catalogue ; http://uc.uclmyanmar.org/elib/
Users can register at the library’s Circulation Desk. Students, Faculty Staffs may apply borrower’s card by showing the University ID-card. Alumni may apply borrower’s card by the showing the Alumni Associations’ member card and recommendation of The Yangon University of Foreign Languages Alumni Central Committee (YACC). External users are registered according to the recommendation of Rector and their heads.
If you want to borrow continuously you have to renew the date. If the book has not requested by other users, it can be borrowed for 7days as students and staff. And faculty can borrow 14 days.
If the books have not been borrowed by the other person, you have to reserved it. You must fill up the request form at circulation desk. Library staff will contact you when the book returned.
- Overdue Fine
If you won’t return borrowing books on due date, we must levy on overdue date for 5 kyats per day.
- Lost or damaged items
(i) Users are responsible for losing or returning items in damaged or defaced condition following –
- To replace the original item.
- If you cannot replace it, you have to pay the triple price of current value in item. For rare books you have to pay as the librarian regards on those books.
(ii). If you cannot pay exactly the fines of borrowing items, lost items and damage items, the examination result would not be announced.
- If you may not return on due date, we will send to the reminding letter. You will receive the reminder when the items have not been returned and your borrowing cards have to be blocked until you return the items.
- Reference books, Periodicals, Dissertations, Previous Question Papers of examination and Research Papers of YUFL are not circulated to users.
- Library cards have been issued for the exclusive use of individual. So you must not pass them to another person. You are responsible for everything checked out in your name.
- Library cards can be renewed at first term of academic year.
- Users must sign in and sign out at the circulation counter when entering and leaving the library.
- Library materials must not be taken out the outside of the library without borrowing or check out.
- You must not do writing or highlighting, drawing, folding pages on items belonging of library.
- Do not speak loudly and noisily in library and around the library.
- Users do not act disturbing and inappropriate manners. .
- Talking mobile phone, smoking cigarette, eating food and drinking beverages are not allowed in library.
- Library materials must be handled carefully.
- Please take care the personal belongings, if it loses, this concern only on you.
- When you leave table, keep your chair in right place and quietly.
- Library computers can be used for academic purposes. Other cases (for example Game, Facebook, chatting and to view violent images) are forbidden.
|1||Daw Yin Thwe Lwin||Librarian|
|2||Daw Thanda Aung||Assistant Librarian|
|3||Daw Zune Thet Thet Khaing||Library assistant Grade-3|
|4||Daw Maw Oo||Library assistant Grade-3|
|5||Daw Yadana Than||Library|