Term of Reference for Intern Students
Final year students from B.A classes usually go intern every year in May. Their intern period usually last one month and the employer can extend the period of stay in the workplace with the negotiation of the intern.
There is the internship Supervision Committee. The committee arranges intern programmes and monitors the activities of the intern in their workplaces. The committee also evaluates the effectiveness of the programmed.
The Yangon University of Foreign Languages Internship Supervision Committee
|1||Dr. Kyi Shwin||Rector|
|2||Dr. Mi Mi Aung||Pro-Rector|
|3||Dr. Yin Myo Thu||Pro-Rector|
|4||U Myint Bo||Head, Academic Affair|
|5||U Kyi Swe||Register|
Yangon University of Foreign Languages Terms of Reference for Internship programmed.
The Yangon University of Foreign Languages (YUFL) is one of the top ten universities in Myanmar in offering foreign languages particularly. The students with high score at the national level matriculation exam are annually selected to attend the foreign languages at YUFL. The numbers of graduate students from YUFL have been significantly increasing in governmental and non-governmental organizations.
In line with this profound background history, the YUFL clearly outlines the internship policy for students who have to engage with different organizations and different nature of jobs.
Objectives of the internship
- Enhance the educational experience of graduate students through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in such governmental organizations (GOs) as government offices, offices, offices of legislative branches and of judiciary;
- Provide graduate students with an exposure to the working environment of multilateral organizations such as offices of international non-governmental organizations (INGOs), multinational organizations (MNCs) or Transnational Organizations (TNCs) and a better understanding of national goals and activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Name of Company or Organizations, the intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Conduct interpretation in the thematic priority areas that is determined jointly by the supervisor and the intern
- Compile verbal messages, lessons learnt, experiences and stories on key thematic development areas such as interview with government officials and local people while taking baseline survey;
- Provide support to official translation of documents where applicable.
- Submit the completion certification for internship with recommendation of heads of respective agency or organization
- Report the employer’s satisfaction record to the YUFL in a sealed envelope after internship period is completed.
Under the direct supervision of the Yangon University of Foreign Languages, the intern is supported to have following rights:
- Ensure to provide intern students all necessary official ID as full time employee;
- Ensure to provide occupational and physical safety concerns for intern students who are sent out to the local areas of Yangon Region Only (Occupational safety covers transportation, primary health care and special treatment when necessary.)
- Provide honorarium, travelling allowance and per dim for intern students who are assigned to local areas of Yangon Region only.
- Provide YUFL the right to observe occupational conditions for intern during the approved in tern period.